JOIN THE JLB
The Junior League of Brooklyn has been serving the needs of women and children for 105 years. We are a 100% volunteer-run, non-profit organization of women, dedicated to making this Borough a better place to live. We provide our members with hands on volunteer experience and structured leadership training. Membership is also a great way to learn more about Brooklyn and meet some of your dynamic neighbors. Best of all, the JLB fosters life-long friendships with fellow volunteers and community leaders alike.
HOW TO JOIN
To be eligible for membership, an applicant must be at least 21 years of age. Women interested in joining the JLB are asked to attend an Information Session where they will have a chance to meet current JLB volunteers and learn about their experiences in the League. Information sessions are currently held in the winter and fall each year. Upcoming sessions can be found on our CALENDAR.
After attending an Information Session, potential members are invited to apply and join our Provisional training program. These programs include in-depth training, interaction with current League members and require the completion of a community project by the Provisional Class. The training program spans a period of roughly 6 months.
Learn more by contacting the Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form below.
Once active, members are asked to meet the following requirements:
- 60 volunteer hours per year, to be given in time increments at the volunteer's convenience. Up to 30 hours of committee work may be counted toward the 60 hours. Credit for special jobs may be carried over from one year to the next.
- Committee service at least once every two years.
- Attendance at 80 percent of general membership meetings. Where an unavoidable conflict arises, a call shall be made to the League office or the Corresponding Secretary.
- Payment of Active dues by March 1 of each year.
- Attendance and/or contribution to each in-League and community fundraiser.
- An annual personal placement interview.